USING PILGRIM’S PROGRESS DURING COVID
There sure are a lot of unknowns as we navigate this season of ministry …
- How are we doing church as things keep changing?
- How will we continue to do children’s, youth, and adult ministry?
- How long is this going to last?
Yes, those are our questions, but we thank the Lord with you for what is known about our great and sovereign God, even in the midst of the unknowns around us! Great Commission Publications is here to help as you continue ministering to the children and families of your church with the truths of God’s Word. How?
Share the life-changing gospel by following Christian on his way from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City. On his journey he will meet friends and foes, and liars and truth-tellers. And your kids and families can come along—learning how Jesus helps them on the way! They will learn:
- a deeper understanding of Christ and the gospel
- the necessity of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit, and other believers
- what the Christian life is—a pilgrim’s journey of ups and downs
Watch this video to find out how to use Pilgrim’s Progress during this transitional time of ministry. (Note: The video talks about a special offer that expired Dec 2020, but the materials are still available and can be used in a virtual setting or in person!)
Teach Pilgrim’s Progress at home, church, or whatever combination you need. The illustrated storybook and dramatic reading will get kids off screens and into their imaginations while learning about the Christian life!
1. Get the Deluxe Classroom Kit ($85) for your kidmin leader or parent(s) who want to homeschool or host backyard Bible clubs. It has everything you need to lead the adventure: Teacher Manual, huge map, hardback Storybook, Dramatic Reading CDs, Song CD, 13 student activity papers for young and older elementary kids.
2. Invite your families and children ages 6–12 to pack their bags and join Christian on his journey.
3. Get one Student Pack per child. It includes:
- Fully illustrated 13-chapter storybook with glossary and map
- 13 activity papers to reinforce lesson aims and relive the story PLUS includes 13 additional activity papers for the older kids as well
- Their own map of the journey
4. Schedule a Pilgrim’s Progress Pick-up Party to give each family their adventure kit!
5. Plan an end-of-program Pilgrim’s Progress event, such as singing the songs or having an outdoor closing program or fair (included in Deluxe Classroom Kit), where each family can showcase their own journey and the community can be together.
Free samples at www.childrenspilgrimsprogress.org.